CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3RD PLACE FINISH!!

In the past, I have always discourage my boys, and yes I am ashamed, of doing the Science Fair projects. I have done this because I always thought there was too much to them and I now realize that I was over thinking the whole thing! Unlike her brothers, Rylee was not as easily discouraged. SOOOOO, we pulled out the trusty "Last Minute Science Fair Projects" book and gave her several choices of projects that seemed doable to me. We watched flower petals, documented, took pictures and all that stuff the way we were supposed to. Rylee takes her project to school last week, and low and behold, SHE RECEIVED 3RD PLACE!!! I also realized that I was making much more out of this whole Science Fair thing than I should have been. She had a blast doing it (and she actually did not even know there were "winners" until Mrs. Wingfield called and told us) and really got satisfaction out of completing the project. Needless to say, the next time one of my children wants to participate...I will encourage the endeavor!

0 comments: